- About SGP
- Support SGP
- Become Certified
- News & Events
- Find a Certified Facility
- SGP Community
Steps to Certification
SGP’s certification requires print facilities to develop and implement a formal program for sustainability that delivers value and results. The program requires a commitment, and SGP is there with the applicant every step of the way.
Here is a summary of the steps to certification:
- Download the Criteria Document. Note: It is strongly recommended that the accompanying Guidance Document also be downloaded and reviewed as it provides more information about each of the criteria elements and what is required for certification.
Facility Conformance Steps
- Develop and implement a sustainability management system.
- Develop an annual Continuous Improvement Project.
- Demonstrate conformance with the Best Management Practice and Social Aspects identified in the criteria by developing and implementing policies, procedures, and/or a documentation system. Additional tools, such as the optional Air Emissions Checklist, are available in the Resources section.
- Complete the Metrics Form as identified in the criteria.
- Once the aforementioned steps are completed, contact SGP to schedule an audit. This step must be completed within twelve (12) months of the application being approved.
- Complete and submit all required documents on the SGP Pre-Audit Review Checklist to SGP and your assigned auditor prior to the scheduled audit.
Leaders in Sustainability